Spanish residency visa for investors
As of the 27th September 2013, foreign property investors have been able to obtain a Spanish residence permit, allowing the purchase of a house or the acquisition of various houses or properties of value equal to or greater than 500,000 Euros. The “Golden Visa” Spanish residence permit will allow foreign investors to live in Spain and move around Europe, thus promoting the Spanish real estate industry.
The Emporda Immo team can help you to obtain Spanish residence by answering all your questions and by putting you in contact with a specialist who can help you to find the best solution to attain Spanish nationality by residence.
In order to acquire this “Golden Visa”, investors must fulfil the following conditions:
- Make an investment of value equal to or greater than 500.000 Euros.
- The investment of 500,000 Euros must be unencumbered.
- The applicant must prove that the investor is the owner of the property or properties worth a minimum of 500,000 Euros. To do so, the applicant should bring the certificate(s) of ownership from the Property Registry which corresponds to the property or properties.
- In order to buy a house you will also need an NIE (a tax identification number in Spain, the Número de Identidad de Extranjero). It is not essential to have a Spanish bank account, although it is recommended.
- You must have either private or public medical insurance which is valid in Spain.
- Other normal requirements such as: not being in Spain irregularly, being older than 18, no previous criminal convictions and you must have health insurance.
The visas are valid for two years, and can be renewed after the two years as long as the criteria above continue to be met.
Acquiring Spanish residence through the Golden Visa will grant you many benefits
- You will be able to live in Spain and move around all of Europe (in the Schengen Area).
- Your partner and children can also benefit from Spanish residence.
- You can live in a European country considered one of the best for quality of life.
- Easy renewal procedure.
For more information on how to acquire Spanish residence, do not hesitate to contact our team. Emporda Immo will be delighted to help.